Sunday, August 14, 2011

Summer Recap #2

Moving right along into July! Amanda and I met up again for a trip to New Braunfels, TX to float the Guadalupe River and see Roger Creager at Gruene Hall. I absolutely love visiting Gruene, TX. It has a great historic feel to it with wonderful restaurants, shops and of course Gruene Hall - the oldest running dance hall in Texas where many great country artists got their start including George Strait.

Kelan, Amanda and I enjoying the concert

Gruene Hall

In July, Kings of Leon/Band of Horses came to Dallas. I have been a big fan of KOL, but if you haven't been hiding under a rock and watch a bit of news or even celebrity gossip you probably heard the disaster this concert turned into. This was the show where KOL played four songs and then left only to say that couldn't finish the concert which ultimately lead to canceling their entire U.S. tour. I surely hope they can get it together, but am definitely disappointed and on a current boycott. Band of Horses was great though and very much enjoyed their music and the company of great friends.

Chris, Britt and myself - a boy sandwich is what it looks like

Group picture of friends

The summer definitely continues as does the heat. More to come and I look forward to getting back into the blogging routine.

No comments: